- Why does everyone in a tourist town feel the need to eat at the same time? It's as though some celestial alarm clock went off and signaled the Universal Hunger Alarm.
- Is there some universal company that controls all businesses in all tourist spots? You may find really neat handcrafted whats-its, and then find "Made in China" stamped on the bottom. And just down the street you can find many more just like them.
- Why do ladies of a certain age in resort towns show an affinity for embroidered flashy clothing? When I reach the age of having to wear gold shoes and embroidered sweaters and sequined tops, all at the same time, please send me to my reserved room in Dr. Happy's Home for the Pleasantly Demented.
- Why, when people are on vacation, do they find an uncontrollable urge to play miniature golf and drive go-karts?
- Does anyone really wear the soft-porn T-shirts so easily found in tourist traps?
- Why does the phrase "country gravy" set mouths watering? Would "city gravy" be as tantalizing?
I love vacations. The best ones end with us wishing they would last for just one more day.